Thirteen seniors at Commonwealth have received Letters of Commendation from the National Merit Scholarship program:
- Isabelle Frosch of Newton Center
- Seth Hanselman of Newton
- Rachel Herrup of Cambridge
- John Husson of Brookline
- Samuel Jiang of Needham Heights
- Nicholas Mroz of Melrose
- Tahmid Rahman of Cambridge
- Hannah Rose of Wellesley
- Griffin Seeley of Boston
- Gabriel Seltzer of Brookline
- Sophie Calhoun of South Boston
- Sophie Bucci of Wellesley
- Melanie Abrams of Cambridge
Earlier this fall 11 Commonwealth seniors were named National Merit Semifinalists. Over the last five years, 23% of Commonwealth seniors have been chosen as National Merit finalists; 67% of seniors overall have been recognized as National Merit finalists, semifinalists, or commended students. The program grants honors based on students’ PSAT scores.
Earlier this year, three Commonwealth students were named as semifinalists in the Presidential Scholar program, the highest percentage of any senior class in the nation.