Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and lunch at Commonwealth for 2012-13 is $34,704, with additional fees for books and activities of $2,190.
We hope that cost will not be a factor as you consider Commonwealth. Since the founding of the school, through a strong commitment to financial aid, we have been dedicated to welcoming as many qualified students as possible.
- 32% of our students receive aid, far above the national average for independent schools.
- In 2012–13, the school granted nearly $1.2 million in total financial aid.
- The median financial aid award in 2012-13 is $25,650.
The school tries to meet the need of all accepted students, although each year budgetary constraints require that some be put on a waiting list for financial aid.
Like most independent schools, Commonwealth employs School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) to determine each family's need. The SSS formula takes into account a family's income, assets, and debt. Families may submit information online at sss.nais.org or mail a form to:
School and Student Services
PO Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368
Proportional to the level at which they receive aid, families are also supported, as much as possible, in meeting the costs of foreign exchange trips and tutoring arranged through the school.
The School's Technology Grants Program helps families that receive substantial aid to purchase a new computer and software.
Financial Aid Dates to Remember
- For families using the paper form, the PFS must be mailed to SSS by this date.
- Deadline to complete the online version of the Parents Financial Statement (PFS).
- If you own a business, a completed Business/Farm Statement is due at the SSS.
- Due date for copies of the following to arrive at Commonwealth:
- 2011 IRS 1040s and all attached schedules, W-2s, and 1099s
- A completed and signed, but not dated, IRS Form 4506T
- Deadline to send copies of 2012 IRS W-2s and 1099s to Commonwealth.
- Last day to submit a copy of your 2012 tax return to SSS; please include all IRS schedules.
- Financial Aid Decisions are mailed to all families who submitted requested materials on time.