Please note: This calendar is subject to change, pending state guidance for reopening schools and as other circumstances require. Also see our school events calendar.
- September 3, Thursday: New Student Orientation Day 1 (virtual; 1–3 p.m.), new student/advisor meetings (3–3:30 p.m.), New Parent Orientation (virtual; 4–6 p.m.)
- September 4, Friday: New Student Orientation Day 2 (in person; Group A: 9 a.m.–12 p.m.; Group B: 1 p.m.–4 p.m.)
- September 7, Monday: Labor Day (school closed)
- September 8, Tuesday: Opening day of school
- September 18, Friday: Rosh Hashanah (begins at sundown)
- September 24, Thursday: Parents’ Back to School Night, 6:00 p.m. New Date
- September 25, Friday: Hancock-in-the-City (tentative)
- September 26, Saturday: SAT
- September 27, Sunday: Yom Kippur (begins at sundown)
- September 28, Monday: Yom Kippur (school closed)
- October 3, Saturday: SAT
- October 12, Monday: Indigenous Peoples Day (school closed)
- October 13, Tuesday: Monday classes
- October 14, Wednesday: PSAT during class periods for 11s
- October 14, Wednesday: SAT School Day
- October 15, Thursday: Parent-Teacher conferences for 12s, 6 p.m.
- October 16, Friday: End of first quarter for 12s
- October 17, Saturday: Optional PSAT for 10s New Date
- October 23, Friday: End of first quarter for 9s, 10s, 11s
- October 26–28, Monday–Wednesday: Quarter Break
- October 29, Thursday: Second quarter begins
- October 30, Friday: Recreational sports end
- November 7, Saturday: SAT
- November 9, Monday: Recreational sports begin
- November 11, Wednesday: Parent-Teacher conferences for 9s, 10s, 11s (no classes)
- November 20–21, Friday–Saturday: Fall Play
- November 25, Wednesday: Abbreviated schedule (periods 1–4), Thanksgiving assembly, Early dismissal, 12:45 p.m.
- November 26–27, Thursday–Friday: Thanksgiving Holiday (school closed)
- December 3, Thursday: Dress rehearsal for Winter Concert, 4 p.m.
- December 4, Friday: Project Week proposals due for 9s, 10s, 11s, Winter Concert, 7:30 p.m.
- December 5, Saturday: SAT
- December 18, Friday: Abbreviated schedule (periods 4-7), Skate into Vacation after school
- December 21–January 1, Monday–Friday: Winter Vacation
- January 4, Monday: Classes resume
- January 6, Wednesday: College meeting for parents of 11s, 6 p.m. (Interested parents of 10s are also invited)
- January 8, Friday: Senior Project proposals due
- January 15–22, Friday–Friday: Midyear exams
- January 18, Monday: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (school closed)
- January 25–January 29, Monday–Friday: Project Week (no classes)
- February 1, Monday: Third quarter begins
- February 11, Thursday: Parent-Teacher conferences for 9s and new students, 6 p.m.
- February 15, Monday: Presidents’ Day (school closed)
- February 26, Friday: Recreational sports end
- March 1, Monday: Varsity sports begin
- March 5–6, Friday–Saturday: Winter Play
- March 8–26, Monday–Friday: Senior Projects
- March 10, Wednesday: Fourth quarter begins
- March 12–26, Friday–Friday: Spring Vacation
- March 13, Saturday: SAT
- March 29, Monday: Classes resume, recreational sports begin
- April 2, Friday: Good Friday (school in session)
- April 4, Sunday: Easter
- April 15, Thursday: Dress rehearsal for Spring Concert, 4 p.m.
- April 16, Friday: Spring Concert, 7:30 p.m. at First Church in Boston
- April 17, Saturday: Prom, 7:00 p.m. (tentative)
- April 19, Monday: Patriots Day (school closed)
- April 24, Saturday: COMMUN (tentative)
- May 3– May 15, Monday–Friday: AP Exams
- May 4, Tuesday: Parent Reception and Art Show Opening, 7 p.m.
- May 8, Saturday: SAT
- May 21–23, Friday–Sunday: Hancock (tentative)
- May 24–25, Monday–Tuesday: Post-Hancock holidays (no classes)
- May 28, Friday: Jazz Concert, 7:30 p.m.
- May 31, Monday: Memorial Day (school closed)
- June 4–9, Friday–Wednesday: Final Exams
- June 5, Saturday: SAT
- June 9, Wednesday: Headmaster’s Reception for seniors, 5 p.m.
- June 10, Thursday: Graduation rehearsal 8:30–10 a.m., Beach Day, 10:30 a.m.
- June 11, Friday: Graduation rehearsal, 9:00 a.m., Graduation, 10:30 a.m. at First Church in Boston
- June 15, Tuesday: New Parents Dinner, 6 p.m.