The communications and administrative assistant plays an integral role in supporting the daily communications and administrative functions that support Commonwealth School as a world class secondary education for grades 9-12.
The position is responsible for the maintenance and distribution of content for the internal and external communications across all digital and print platforms for the School. H/she will attend and engage in School events and capture storytelling moments that depict the day-to-day life and vitality of the School as well as alumni engagement by compiling short written news stories, photography, and video for daily and weekly publication. He/she adheres to timely project deadlines and assumes the role as the production and media assistant for all communications and brand marketing projects. As the main social media and website manager, he/she will engage all constituents by preparing daily and regular social posts and advertisements for the School’s website and other digital platforms. H/she will be responsible for welcoming visitors, answering phones and other office administrative duties.
This position is a great opportunity to gain professional experience in the marketing and communications field and to play an important role in a vibrant school community. Under the supervision, guidance, and direction of the director of strategic communications and marketing, the communications manager will be responsible, but not limited to, a wide range of tasks and duties outlined below.
Communications, Website, and Social Media
Create, proofread, and publish regular news content for the news section of the website, social media and newsletters.
Writes and distributes press releases and maintains our Merit Pages program.
Maintain and update the School’s website including regular calendar, directory, news and events.
Maintain and track social media content for our main platforms (ie. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo).
Support projects for the school’s events, programs, advertising and marketing (ie. academics, admission, communications, and development).
Maintain the School’s SEO and keywords for the website, search engines, and other platforms
Maintain daily and weekly schedule for content on the School’s digital screens.
Maintain day-to-day and seasonal execution of all digital marketing and advertising campaigns.
Maintain the search engine marketing campaigns to generate admission leads
Provide regular reports on analytics for all digital platforms.
Project Management and Administration
Adhere to timelines, manage correspondence, and process invoices and paperwork for all marketing, communications and advertising campaigns, and print communications projects.
Manage administrative projects as assigned by the director of strategic communications and marketing.
Interface with outside vendors ranging from designers, photographers, videographers and printers for uploads and deliveries.
Maintain newsletter layouts, technical brand style guide, and database mail files.
Maintain the digital archive of photography and video using cloud based tools such as Photoshelter, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
Cover front office administrative duties by welcoming visitors and answering phones.
Skills and Qualifications
- experience in an integrated marketing/communications role is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or experience in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- Excellent attention to detail and resourcefulness, proven flexibility, organizational, problem-solving, excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superb command of English language, and strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills (news, advertising, marketing)
- Ability to work independently with high quality standards
- Comfortable managing numerous projects in a deadline-oriented environment
- Dynamic self-starter and innovator with a commitment to lifelong professional development
- Highly motivated team player that is aligned with the mission and values of Commonwealth School
- Experience with content management systems, MS Office, Google, and Adobe Suites
- Preferred experience in email programs such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, and Enotify
This is a 12-month non-exempt part-time position at 25-30 hours per week and reports to the director of strategic communications and marketing. The position requires daily attendance and coverage of occasional evening and weekend events, as directed.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.