A comprehensive collection of all of the recommended reading can be found at our Zotero group site.
Recommendations from Around the Web
- BPL Bibliocommons—See recent arrivals, themed lists, and topic guides for books available just down the street.
The Book Network—This blog from the Greater Boston Cooperative Library Association pulls together recommendations from local independent school librarians.
Novelist—Access this database through the Minuteman Library Network for thousands of suggestions.
What Should I Read Next?—Type in the title of a favorite book and this site will generate a list of read-alikes for you to try.
Whichbook—Toggle between options like "happy - sad," "beautiful - disgusting," and "conventional - unusual" to find books that suit your mood.
YALSA Best Books for Young Adults —The Young Adult Library Services Association puts out a list of its favorite books every year. Check out their awards (for best YA lit, graphic novels, non-fiction, and more), too!
Faculty and Staff Recommendations
- Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
- Oryx and Crake (trilogy) - Margaret Atwood
- Bloodchild and Other Stories - Octavia Butler
- The Heart of Everything That Is - Bob Drury & Tom Clavin
- The Dispossessed - Ursula K. Le Guin
- Ten Years in the Tub - Nick Hornby
- Dept. of Speculation - Jenny Offill
- I Capture the Castle - Dodie Smith
- Code Name Verity - Elizabeth Wein