Virtual Commonwealth Resources
Tips and Guides
- Virtual Library
- Classrooms.Cloud Help Page
- Zoom Tutorial
- Google Hangout Guide
- Tips for Remote Learning Success
- Tips for Using Zoom
- Supporting Your Student
Who to Contact
All faculty and staff will be available when remote learning is in session. Students and parents are welcome to email them with questions or to set up a time to speak on the phone or via Google Hangouts or Zoom. Some of the adults who might be particularly helpful include:
- Head of School Bill Wharton
- Acting Assistant Head of School Mara Dale
- Dean of Students Josh Eagle
- School Counselor Eben Lasker
Rules and Policies
All rules and guidelines as outlined in the Student and Parent Handbook—including those related to academic work, student conduct, and integrity as members of the Commonwealth community—apply during remote learning.
Also of note:
- Attendance: Teachers will note student attendance during all synchronous class sessions. If your child is unable to participate in a remote learning day or a portion thereof, he or she should email the teacher.
- Class recordings: Please see our Audiovisual Recording Notice.
- Questions: Students with questions should reach out to their advisor or another trusted adult. Parents and guardians may also contact their child’s advisor or Headmaster Bill Wharton.