Tips for Using Zoom
We recommend adhering to the following best practices when using Zoom or other virtual meeting tools (such as Google Hangouts).
You may find our Virtual Commonwealth Zoom tutorial helpful as well.
- Wired headphones with microphone are preferred. Bluetooth headphones/Airpods seem to experience a delay.
- Video should be active.
- Mute yourself unless talking to reduce distracting white noise.
- Use the "raise your hand" feature to ask questions.
- Use Zoom Chat for comments and questions.
- Be mindful of what is on your screen when you are sharing it, including browser bookmarks and tabs.