Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition at Commonwealth for 2019-20 is $45,848, with additional fees of $1,971.
We hope that cost will not be a factor as you consider Commonwealth. Since the founding of the school, through a strong commitment to financial aid, we have been dedicated to welcoming as many qualified students as possible.
- 32% of our students have financial aid grants.
- In 2019-20, the school granted more than $1.3 million in aid.
- The average financial aid grant in 2019-20 is $29,973.
- To ensure that every student has access to an up-to-date computer, our Technology Grants Program includes families whose grants amount to more than 50% of tuition and fees. Through these dedicated grants, they can purchase a package a reduced cost. For 2019-20, Commonwealth granted $9,820. On average, participants paid $326 for a MacBook Pro laptop, printer, and software.
- As much as possible, Commonwealth supports families in meeting the costs of students’ foreign exchange trips and tutoring arranged through the school.
Like many independent schools, Commonwealth employs School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) to determine each family’s level of need. The SSS formula takes into account a family’s income, assets, and debt. To apply for financial aid, families should complete and submit a Parents’ Financial Statement online at solutionsbysss.com and upload the requested documents by the appropriate deadlines.