Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition at Commonwealth for 2019-20 is $45,848, with additional fees of $1,971.
We hope that cost will not be a factor as you consider Commonwealth. Since the founding of the school, through a strong commitment to financial aid, we have been dedicated to welcoming as many qualified students as possible.
- 30% of our students receive financial aid.
- In 2018-19, the school granted more than $1.3 million in aid.
- The average financial aid grant in 2018-19 is $29,973.
- To ensure that every student has access to a computer, our Technology Grants Program helps families that receive more than 50% financial aid to purchase a new system at a reduced cost. For 2018-19, Commonwealth granted $6,348. On average, families paid $350 for a MacBook Pro laptop, printer, and software through this program.
- As much as possible, Commonwealth supports families in meeting the costs of students’ foreign exchange trips and tutoring arranged through the school.
Like many independent schools, Commonwealth employs School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) to determine each family’s level of need. The SSS formula takes into account a family’s income, assets, and debt. To apply for financial aid, families should complete and submit a Parents’ Financial Statement online at sss.nais.org and upload the requested documents by the appropriate deadlines.
- Deadline to complete and submit the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS)
- Deadline to upload completed 2017 federal tax return with all schedules, W-2s, and 1099s to SSS.
- Deadline to upload copies of all 2018 W-2s and 1099s to SSS
- Deadline to upload your completed 2018 tax return
- Commonwealth informs families of financial aid decisions along with admission decisions