Tuition and Financial Aid
We hope that cost will not be a factor as you consider Commonwealth. Since the founding of the school, through a strong commitment to financial aid, we have been dedicated to increasing access to a Commonwealth education and welcoming as many qualified students as possible.
Financial Aid for 2020-2021
- Tuition and fees are $49,493.
- The average financial aid grant is $31,072.
- Commonwealth granted over $1.4 million in financial aid.
- Families with financial aid grants paid between $500 and $42,300 towards the cost of tuition and fees.
- 35% of our students have financial aid grants.
- Commonwealth extended over $10,000 in additional technology grants. The program includes families whose financial aid grants amount to more than 50% of tuition and fees. Through these dedicated grants, they can elect to purchase a MacBook Pro laptop, printer, and software at a reduced cost. On average, participants paid $370 for this package.
- Commonwealth offers discounted standardized testing, tutoring support, and public transportation, and extends additional grants for summer programs and school-sponsored international trips.
Like many independent schools, Commonwealth employs School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) to assess whether a family is eligible for financial aid and at what level. The SSS formula takes into account a family’s income, assets, and debts. To apply for financial aid, families should complete and submit a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) online at solutionsbysss.com and upload the requested documents by the appropriate deadlines. Please note that Commonwealth’s SSS school code is 2542.
Financial Aid Timeline for Prospective Families
- Parents’ Financial Statement opens for 2020-2021.
- Deadline to complete and submit the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
- Deadline to upload completed 2019 federal tax return with all schedules, W-2s, and 1099s to SSS.
- Deadline to upload copies of all 2020 W-2s and 1099s to SSS.
- Deadline to upload your completed 2020 tax return to SSS.
- Commonwealth informs families of financial aid decisions along with admission decision.