Every parent is a member of the Commonwealth School Parent Committee. The Committee aims to create meaningful connections among parents, foster communication and community, and provide opportunities for parents to help support Commonwealth's mission.
The Committee meets four times per school year to hear updates from school leadership, gather feedback about parent and student experiences, plan events, and organize volunteers for a variety of opportunities.
Parent Committee Meetings 2021–2022
- Tentative First Parent Committee Meeting: Thursday, September 30, 7:00–8:30 p.m., Virtual (Zoom link to come via email)
Parent Committee Activities
- Planning Annual Faculty and Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Organizing Summer Parent Textbook Exchange
- Volunteering at Open Houses and Receptions for Admitted Families
- Creating surveys to gather feedback for school leadership
- Coordinating parent volunteers and chaperones for Commonwealth Model UN and student community service efforts
- Representing Commonwealth at Parent Independent School Network (PIN) meetings and events
- And more...
2021–2022 Commonwealth Parent Committee Leadership
Christine Sun P’22, Co-Chair
Andrea Longo Carter P'23 '25, Co-Chair
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the Parent Committee, please contact Director of Advancement Alisha Elliott.