Every parent is a member of the Commonwealth School Parent Committee. The Committee aims to create meaningful connections among parents, foster communication and community, and provide opportunities for parents to help support Commonwealth's mission.
The Committee meets four times per school year to hear updates from school leadership, gather feedback about parent and student experiences, plan events, and organize volunteers for a variety of opportunities.
Parent Committee Meetings 2020–2021
- Tuesday, September 29, 7:00–8:00 p.m. (virtual, details will be shared via email)
- Thursday, November 12, 8:00–9:00 a.m. (virtual, details will be shared via email)
- Tuesday, February 9, 7:00–8:00 p.m. (virtual, details will be shared via email)
- Thursday, April 29, 8:00–9:00 a.m. (TBD)
Parent Committee Activities
- Planning Annual Faculty and Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Organizing Summer Parent Textbook Exchange
- Volunteering at Open Houses and Receptions for Admitted Families
- Creating surveys to gather feedback for school leadership
- Coordinating parent volunteers and chaperones for Commonwealth Model UN and student community service efforts
- Representing Commonwealth at Parent Independent School Network (PIN) meetings and events
- And more...
2020–2021 Commonwealth Parent Committee Leadership
Sharon Yamamoto P’22, Co-Chair
Christine Sun P’22, Co-Chair
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the Parent Committee, please contact Associate Director of Development Carly Renshaw.