Commonwealth School is pleased to share outcomes from the 2022 National Merit® Scholarship Program to date.
Six of this year's thirty-one seniors have been recognized as Semifinalists in the 2022 National Merit Scholarship Program, representing the state of Massachusetts:
- Milo Kron ’22, of Somerville (child of Zachary Kron and Rebecca Zacks)
- Avery Mangum ’22, of Medford (child of Seth Mangum and. Allison Baker)
- Elan Peng ’22, of West Roxbury (child of Zheng Peng and Zhaoxia Xu)
- Daria Plotz ’22, Chestnut Hill (child of John Plotz and Lisa Soltani)
- Kyle Roke ’22, of Foxboro (child of Ian Roke and Bernadette Thie)
- Raphael Yamamoto ’22, of Winchester and Stoneham (child of Sharon Yamamoto and Norio Takaki)
These National Merit Semifinalists join a nationwide pool of approximately 16,000 students, representing less than 1% of U.S. high school seniors and including the highest-scoring entrants in each state.
An additional seven Commonwealth seniors received notice of the National Merit Letters of Commendation. These are students whose PSAT scores put them in the top 5% of test takers nationally:
- Connor Chaplin ’22, of Westwood (child of Joe Chaplin and Amy Wang)
- Miles Kodama ’22, of Westwood (child of Matthew Kodama and Rachel Kodama)
- Dina Pfeffer ’22, of Cambridge (child of Avrom Pfeffer and Debra Gelber)
- Ilaria Seidel ’22, of Brookline (child of Paul Seidel and Julee Kim)
- Nia Suresh ’22, of Cambridge (child of Ramakoti Suresh and Xiaoling Xie)
- Kai Tjia ’22, of Newton (child of Dr. Jennifer Tjia and Dr. Jane Givens)
- Hanming Xiong ’22, of Wellesley (child of Hualiang Xiong and Yiqiang Qiu)
Approximately 1.5 million juniors in about 21,000 high schools entered the 2022 National Merit Scholarship Program by taking the 2020 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test®. Finalists will be announced in February of 2022, and National Merit Scholarship winners will be announced between April and July.
Our congratulations to these and all of our hardworking seniors!
For more information, please contact Director of Communications Jessica Tomer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-266-7525.