At Commonwealth School we believe our students have a social responsibility. Our aim is to help students realize they can make a difference and give them the tools to do it, gaining practical experience of the real world.
- To give a new perspective
- To inspire others
- To work in a team toward a common goal
- To focus on others
- To help us recognize others who touch our lives
- By giving, others will connect with us and enrich our lives
- To have a good time: if you are excited about something, chances are you will gain much more from the experience.
Service at Commonwealth
Commonwealth's graduation requirement is between 20 and 40 hours of service, depending on when you complete them.
A student-led group, Commonwealth Cares, offers a variety of opportunities throughout the year in which everyone is encouraged to participate.
We are a small school with a big heart. As a result, many students choose to continue to serve their community well beyond their requirement, locally or globally, quietly or publicly, and thrive.
For questions, contact Community Service Coordinator Catherine Brewster.