At Commonwealth School we believe our students have a social responsibility. Our aim is to help students realize they can make a difference and give them the tools to do it, gaining practical experience of the real world.
- To give a new perspective
- To inspire others
- To work in a team toward a common goal
- To focus on others
- To help us recognize others who touch our lives
- By giving, others will connect with us and enrich our lives
- To have a good time: if you are excited about something, chances are you will gain much more from the experience.
Service at Commonwealth
Commonwealth has a graduation requirement of 40 hours of service, half of it done face-to-face with fellow citizens, to be completed by the end of sophomore year.
A student-led group, Commonwealth Cares, offers a variety of opportunities throughout the year in which everyone is encouraged to participate.
We are a small school with a big heart. As a result, many students choose to continue to serve their community well beyond their requirement, locally or globally, quietly or publicly, and thrive.
For questions, contact Community Service Coordinator Frédérique Thiebault-Adjout.